I create and distribute great digital content. Writing is only half the job - analytics and distribution is what makes me a marketer.
Specialties include content marketing, PR, executive ghostwriting, editorial management.
I've also produced an independent film and I'm an avid photographer.
I'm an oil brat - raised in Norway, Australia, England and Malaysia.
firstname.lastname@example.org • (510) 666 6909
Zuora - Managing Editor (5/4/14 - Present)
- Manage 2 direct reports. Responsible for PR, demand generation, and organic inbound content for a marketing group that generates over $20 million in net new ACV pipeline per quarter.
- Launched Zuora Academy, a resource for subscription businesses that has generated over a million dollars in new TCV in 18 months.
- Executive Editor of Subscribed Magazine, a business quarterly dedicated to the Subscription Economy that happily has no ROI.
Andrew Harper Travel – Senior Web Editor (8/07- 12/13)
- Supervised all editorial content for travel site according to SEO best practices (InCopy, Drupal, WordPress, WebDAM).
- Coordinated with digital audience development team on social media, SEM/email marketing /lead nurturing campaigns (HootSuite, SumAll, HubSpot, Pulse Connect).
- Producer, "Andrew Harper's Paris," a CrowdTorch travel app for iPhone & iPad with over 40k downloads (Trello, Basecamp, Podio).
- Wrote & produced syndicated content for Huffington Post, Daily Beast , Forbes, Yahoo! Travel, Wall Street Journal.
Forbes.Com – Deputy Editor (5/06-8/07)
- Wrote and edited feature articles, slideshows & destination guides for travel vertical Forbes Traveler, since absorbed into Forbes.Com.
- Coordinated with digital audience development team to create media-rich content featured on a variety of platforms including MSNBC, AOL & Yahoo!
- Generated 500,000 unique viewers and 9 million page views per month within six months of launch.
Yahoo! Editorial Contractor, Freelance Content Producer (10/01 – 5/06)
- Contributed features and reviews to Yahoo! News and Education portals.
- Contributed book and travel articles to the San Francisco Chronicle and New York Post.
- Freelance photographer, independent filmmaker (Fishing with Gandhi).
Yahoo! Inc. – Editor (9/97 – 10/01)
- Developed early verticals with internal producers & content providers.
- .Created a variety of corporate content including press releases, web site reviews, trivia columns, banner ads, retail copy, promotional material.
- Developed company-wide style and usage guide.
- Wrote web-centric Yahoo!-sponsored articles for King Features Syndicate.
Stanford University – B.A. English
- Graduated with honors and distinction.